Monday, October 5, 2009

A Case of Mistaken Identity

Eric and I have been tipped off in several ways (I'll spare you the gross details) that we have an unwelcome visitor in our house. It (whatever "it" is - mouse? rat? squirrel?) was there before we went on our vacation but I had hoped that after a week of no possibility for finding food scraps anywhere around the house, perhaps it would just go away.

No such luck.

So I wake up at 1:30 a.m. this morning and get up to go to the bathroom. I notice that the kitchen light is on, so I walk over to turn it off. And then I see it.

"Eric!" I yell. No answer.

Louder this time. "ERIC!"

"What? What is it? Are you okay?!" he yells as he bounds out of bed and out into the hallway.

"I think I see the creature!" I say, frozen in place.

"What is it?" he asks as he walks toward me.

"I can't tell - I don't have my glasses on."

He shows up next to me and declares, "That's TATER'S BUNNY."

For a second I am confused. Our rodent is actually a bunny?

Wait.

That's a stuffed animal sitting on the dog bed in the kitchen.


     . . .HA.

Unfortunately after that incident I couldn't get back to sleep until 4:30 a.m, creeped out that a real large furry animal was very likely scurring around our house somewhere. *shudder* 

I think we're going to have to call an exterminator before I am forced to check into a mental hospital.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha - LOL! I did the same thing years ago when sleep deprived. It was Danika's stuffed bunny.

Hope you sleep better tonite. :-}

---Donna

Manina said...

HAHAHAHA. Maybe you should get laser eye surgery and then all middle of the night confusions can be avoided :)

sweatpantsmom said...

Hey, I hear those stuffed bunnies can get pretty vicious.

(Love your new blog! No more bananas?)